Arterys is one of the market leaders in the space where artificial intelligence meets medical imaging and healthcare. Our platform is transforming medical imaging by moving away from local hospital medical imaging software to cloud AI and web-based medical imaging analytics. Arterys is a venture-backed startup with offices in San Francisco, Calgary, and Paris.
As the Accountant at Arterys, you will be responsible for the day to day accounting operations under the direct guidance of the Accounting Manager. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical accounting processes.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures (including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations), and coordinating the preparation of monthly management reporting package
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies, procedures, and processes for key finance and accounting functions
- Support the Accounting Manager in enhancing the Company's existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Support for ad-hoc projects as required from time to time
- Oversee AP/AR functions
- Monthly sales commission and variable compensation reconciliations
- Credit card expense processing and reconciliation
- Process 401k contributions and compliance testing
- Support for audits, due diligence and other information requests
- Contract administration
- Support for 409a evaluations
- Stock Option Administration:
- Generate reports and analyses as needed.
- Manage process when employees term and choose to exercise options
- Maintain database of critical business, legal, employee, and vendor documents
- Bachelor's degree with a major or in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis.
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in a startup or corporate environment.
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of GAAP
- Experience working for a Public Accounting Firm
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience building and refining processes
- You are self-motivated, deadline driven and result oriented, a problem solver with a can-do attitude with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive changes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the Company organization
- You are highly skilled in Quickbooks + Quickbooks Online, MS Excel + Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookup, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Experience with Concur and Salesforce a plus
- CPA license a plus
Arterys is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Arterys will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest convictions and records.
If you are qualified and interested in the above position, please email your resume with cover letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Accountant" in the subject line.