Arterys is one of the market leaders in the space where artificial intelligence meets medical imaging and healthcare. Our platform is transforming medical imaging by moving away from local hospital medical imaging software to cloud AI and web-based medical imaging analytics. Arterys is a venture-backed startup with offices in San Francisco, Calgary, and Paris.
Arterys is seeking a skilled DevOps Engineer with at least 8 years of software development experience to join our Calgary Operations team. The successful candidate will have significant development experience with production systems and a keen interest in support and operations. They must be highly motivated and capable of handling a variety of tasks on their own, application debugging and enhancement, process documentation and automation, distributed system troubleshooting, along with supporting cloud and customer deployed systems. This role reports to the Director of Technical Operations and will work out of our Calgary location.
- Debugs field issue in the codebase and produces applicable patches for review on a daily basis.
- Supports end users, field engineers and other internal departments.
- Participate in project planning and execution, identifying and gathering requirements, assessing risks and technical implementation issues
- Reporting project and task progress effectively, including estimating time deliver on both simple and complex issue resolution
- Working remotely from a shell and managing remote deployment from a command line
- Working with diverse groups of people, including customers and healthcare professionals, Software Developers and other internal and external staff
- Diagnosing network issues consistent with complex distributed systems
- Documenting work and findings, effectively disseminating information clearly and consistently according to protocols and work instructions
- Ability to think critically and manipulate data between diverse sets of formats and reporting tools according to team and company needs
- Skills in and/or understanding of several of the following:
- Distributed Systems
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Amazon Web Services
- Chef or similar configuration management tool
- Networking & Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, TLS, SSH)
- Effective time management
- Independent reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, both in French and English; bonus for additional fluencies
- Experience working in Medical Device, Healthcare, or other highly regulated industries
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Ability to work a shifted schedule (i.e. until 8pm on weekdays) to facilitate communication with Calgary office.
- Ability to speak Mandarin
Arterys is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
If you are qualified and interested in the above position, please email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with DevOps Engineer in the subject line.